Sunday, November 12th
2 - 4 pm
Scandinavian Living Center
Welcome to Newton at Home, a non-profit membership organization founded by a small group of Newton residents who wanted to build a community of friendship and support among older Newton residents.
NAH offers a wide variety of vital services and social activities that help its members live safe, active, and connected lives in the places that mean the most to them: their homes and apartments, their neighborhood, and their city.
- The Newton Council on Aging is sponsoring an Open House with the 2017 At-Large City Councilor Candidates who are in contested races for for the November 7 election. The Open House will offer an opportunity to hear directly from each candidate about their vision for an age-friendly community and their views on topics that are most relevant to senior residents and their families. All thirteen candidates who are in contested races have been invited to participate. The event will be on October 24 at 7:30 – 9:00 at the Newton Senior Center 345 Walnut Street"
- NAH and The Second Step are collaborating to create Home Again to supply housewares (dishes, linens, small appliances, etc.) to those who need them. Home Again was initially created to aid The Second Steps clients who are survivors of domestic violence and are setting up new homes from scratch. Now, Home Again also makes household goods available through local food pantries. This is a wonderful fit for NAH members who are downsizing. See background and examples
NAH’s Maureen Grannan letter to the Newton Tab about "Addressing social isolation of seniors” and the importance of volunteers in neighbors helping neighbors.
It's neighbor helping neighbor as community programs help people age in place. Detailed and thoughtful article in Boston Globe focusing on growth of Village movement in Massachusetts and the US. NAH and all the eastern Mass villages are included.
- Newton at Home and Keyes Drug announce partnership with Keyes sponsoring Newton at Home's Health and Wellness programs for the 2017-2018 year. Newton Patch provides the details.
- NAH Newsletter - Fall/Winter 2017
- We are pleased to share Newton at Home's Annual Report 2017
- Newton at Home has its own Facebook page! We post photographs from our events and affinity groups, plus some interesting articles. “Like” a post, make a comment, create your own visitor’s post, or write a review. Check us out: NAH Facebook Page